Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Tale of Two Cities: Part II

This week I visited Duke. A few things worth noting: 1) It is much more difficult to know where you are in North Carolina. There are trees and hills everywhere, and no mountains to keep you oriented. 2) It is totally worth it because it is beautiful. 3) The Duke campus is better than I imagined. You will see some pictures below. 4) The chapel on campus made me feel like I was in Italy again. 5) When I walked into Cameron Indoor Stadium had this euphoric rush. I have never even been a huge Duke fan, but there is a very cool feeling there.

Overall it was a positive experience. I enjoyed the students, the faculty, the campus, and the area. Here are a few pictures.

Pretending to teach in one of the MBA case rooms.

Just inside the Fuqua School. The stairs take you down to the PhD students area. 

A few of the Duke basketball trophies.



Pretending I am shooting over Jabari Parker to win the game.




2 comments:

Big Bopper said...

I'm impressed. Your form looks good on the floor. Thanks for posting.

Julie said...

That is a cool campus! so excited for you David! ive been bragging to all my friends about how smart my nephew is :)