Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chalk the Block

Last weekend Becca and I went to an event called "Chalk the Block". It is held at an outdoor mall in Provo called the Riverwoods. Each artist takes a parking stall and they probably had 50+ pieces. Here are a few that I especially liked:

Faster than a speeding train.

Its time to start the show.

Great memories with Max.

Scooooby-doo!

This one was so cool because the artist intentionally drew it for people to take pictures with. Doesn't it look like we are actually in the drawing? Mary Poppins comes to mind.

I'm feeling so mel-onc-oly. 

3 comments:

Kim said...

That's so cool David! I never saw that when I lived in Provo, but it looks like a lot of fun. Kind of like that time we saw the people drawing on the street in Florence.

Big Bopper said...

This is great. I often show sidewalk chalk art to my students as a fun thing to do before class starts.

Andy and Saramarie Bourne said...

I love chalk art. In Boise on the 4th of July they do Chalk in the Park. we have gone the past few years and it is amazing what people can draw with chalk.