Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Debt

Throughout college I have volunteered a lot with a program that is very similar to the Church welfare program in many of ways. It is called the Heber J. Grant Program. It offers a scholarship to people from disadvantaged backgrounds, a class to teach them life skills, and other opportunities to serve in leadership roles, develop skills, and grow as individuals. The point of the program, the scholarship, and giving in general is to help people help themselves and become self reliant. I believe that in many cases this program has broken a chain of generations that have perpetuated bad lifestyles.

I am working on the curriculum for the class right now and wanted to share a video on debt. The things this class teaches, by the way, are not just for "disadvantaged" people. I do not consider myslef "disadvanatged" but have learned principles that have changed the way I live. If anyone is interested in learning more about it, let me know!

Enjoy the video-

1 comment:

meghan elizabeth said...

This is great advice. I think you should show this to the rest of the world! :)